Saturday, March 16, 2013

Kpop Adventure 1: YG

I have a confession to make... I am a giant kpop fangirl. No, not those crazy hardcore ones that stalk celebrities wherever they go, but I do own quite a number of albums and merchandise from my favorite groups. I've also seen three groups perform and the walls of my room are covered with posters. With that said, how can a girl like me sit around in Korea without basking in the kpop glory of kpop land?!

Last week, my roommate and I took the subway to Hapjeong (only 3 stops away from my uni) to visit the YG building. If you aren't familiar with YG, they are one of the "Big Three," as in they are one of the top kpop companies out there. It was surprisingly easy to find and pretty close to the station. But...
Expectation
Reality...
We were sad they took down the giant bear balloon even though Lee Hi is still promoting her song, "It's Over". Another letdown was when we saw a black van drive by so we got super excited and ran after it with our cameras ready, but in the end only 1 middle aged driver man came out after parking the van T__T So to make the most out of our visit, we just took some stalkerish pictures in memory of our mini adventure. We weren't expecting to see Big Bang or 2ne1 just walking around, but hey a girl can dream.
Could one of them be Big Bang's van?
Attempt at taking a peek inside
The building looked nicer from the side
YG auditions anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment