Saturday, March 30, 2013

Aloha Table: A Taste of Home

When Jeff was here, we decided to grab lunch together in Hongdae with nowhere particular in mind. We were wandering the streets, quite far up from the station when he spotted the Aloha Table sign. I knew there was one in Seoul, but I didn't expect it to be so close. I work right near the one located in Waikiki back home so I was excited to go to this one all the way across the Pacific Ocean.
The location, decor, and atmosphere were all nice. The servers were wearing aloha attire and I almost forgot where we were once I stepped inside. We got the window side and got to sit on comfy couches. The wall side had rattan chairs, a surfboard, and vintage paintings. I don't know if it was the wrong time or day or season, but the place was fairly empty even though the restaurant was really big (in Korean standards). I wish more people would come here D:
Of course, the menu was a bit on the pricier side compared to restaurants serving Korean food, but since we went during lunch time some stuff on the menu was a bit cheaper. The cocktails were pretty ridiculous prices, but we couldn't pass them up :P Jeff ordered mochiko chicken curry and a lilikoi drink while I chose a loco moco and Malibu Sunset.
A lot of things were different compared to the Aloha Table in Hawaii, but I don't think I was ever this excited about ordering local food before. I'll definitely be coming back here a few more times during my stay.

No comments:

Post a Comment