Friday, March 8, 2013

Green tea cake & Rilakkuma choco

I normally don't cook, unless you count opening the refrigerator or using the microwave, so posts like this are going to be rare, but I wanted to show you guys what I made for my kareshi for Valentine's. Yes it was a whole month ago, but I thought it'd be appropriate to post this because White Day is coming up. I made 抹茶ケーキ&リラックマチョコ! For the cake, I used this recipe as reference. Now let's get started!

Ingredients:
1 stick butter (equivalent to 8tbsp)
6oz white chocolate (I used half that bag)
2 eggs
7tsp matcha powder (unsweetened)
1/3cup sugar
1cup flour
1/2tsp vanilla extract
1/4tsp almond extract
1. Preheat your oven to 350〫and grease a 8x8 baking pan. I actually didn't have one so I used a circular pan instead.
2. In a bowl, melt the butter and white chocolate. Make sure not to burn it!
Microwaved for 1 minute, mixing in between
3. Next, add the eggs and green tea powder. I just got mine from the Korean market, but I know you can find them at the Japanese market as well. Mix until combined.
Yeah I know, not that pretty...
4. Then add the flour, vanilla extract, and almond extract. This is where I added in the sugar as well (even though the original recipe doesn't call for any) because my matcha powder is not sweetened. The first time I made it, I only put 1/4cup and it wasn't enough for my liking so that's why I put 1/3cup on the list up there. It's up to you how sweet you want to make it though, just give or take a little and experiment! 
5. Pour into the pan and bake for 20 minutes. Make sure you don't over-bake it or it becomes really dry. Remember to cool it on a wire rack before cutting~

It was super yummy and my kareshi liked it a lot too, so success! Now, some picture spam on how I made my Rilakkuma choco using the silicone tray my friend bought me last year~ 


No comments:

Post a Comment