Sunday, May 5, 2013

Missing The Most Important Event of Spring

So you know what sucks more than getting sick and staying in bed? Being stuck in bed and missing the sakura. Or in English it would be "cherry blossom"... and i actually don't know the Korean term for it (fail). They were supposed to bloom the week of our midterms, but it was so cold there was nothing when I went T___T The park was still filled with families and couples (TONS AND TONS OF THEM! THANKS FOR RUBBING MY LONELINESS IN MY FACE KOREA *bitter*) who were glad to finally be able to step outside without bundling up.
This is not the reality I wanted T_____T
If I had missed it while living here, I could say "there's always next year," but NO! Where I'm from there are no sakura!! So I could have killed my once in a blue moon chance! After midterms we went to Busan (where it was rainy, cold, and no flowers in sight), then when we got back to Seoul it was past full bloom, then when I finally managed to crawl out of my room it was just depressing petals everywhere but on the trees T____T
(consoles self with a nearby tree still miraculously in bloom)
All of this is gone now too of course
The pink carpet is nice right... RIGHT?! T^T
I might sound like I am exaggerating, but the inner Japanese in me is sobbing endlessly at the fact I missed Hanami. Well, one day I'll bring my kareshi to Japan and we can go to a real Hanami with cute obento's like all the other cute couples and take pictures and asdfghjkl I WILL MAKE IT HAPPEN!

No comments:

Post a Comment