Saturday, April 13, 2013

Etude House mini review

Since I'm not a makeup guru or anything, don't expect an elaborate review, but here's my take on the items I bought from Etude House. They never fail to draw my attention with their excessively cute packaging >w< I got the Dear My Blooming Lips-talk lipstick and Ice Cream Nails nail polish.
I was looking for a "your lips, but better" color that's wearable for an every day look and chose this "beige" color. Wasn't sure how it would show up on my lips, but I really like it! Does not accentuate dryness like a lot of other lipsticks tend to do and it's not too sheer, but not overwhelming either. It was just what I was looking for. I think this will be my new go-to lipstick (since I don't own that many to begin with). It cost about $8 which is around the same price as a drugstore lipstick back home, but for the cute packaging and good quality I think it's definitely worth it.
BE101
Swatch on my bare hand 
On my lips (indoor lighting)
For my nails, I wanted a coral-y color for the spring season. The weather seems to FINALLY be warming up and cherry blossoms are starting to bloom!! Anyway, I picked out this orangey-pink color and I quite like this, too. The cone-shaped handle was a little hard to work with and gave that kind of cheap-y feel (though I can't complain since it was only around $2 after all). The consistency was a little on the thicker side, but didn't get streaky or anything. Nothing special about it so I would rate it a 3.5/5
With 2 coats and no top coat
So how was my first makeup "review"? I hope it was at least a little helpful >w< Even if you don't have an Etude House near you, there are lots of sites that sell their products so you should try them out! And just to make it clear, I am totally not getting any compensation for saying this.

No comments:

Post a Comment